NIXA is looking for a Senior Project Manager for its head office in Montreal.
The project manager is responsible for planning and controlling IT projects in support of Front-End and Back-End Team Leads. He ensures that all these projects respect the quality requested, the budget allocated and the schedule granted for the execution of each of the stages.
He will be responsible for leading and motivating his work team in addition to coordinating the projects of the companies or clients with whom he deals.
We are not just an agency. Our roots come from a team of experts. NIXA is an important vector of the ecosystem that supports its customers in digital development.
We are located in Montreal. The NIXA team brings together the strengths of some twenty creative, ambitious and friendly people to offer its back end, front end, UX/UI design programming services. NIXA is expanding rapidly, so we need the talent to help us achieve our growth objectives.
Our team masters the most innovative programming languages, thus promoting the development and career path for all employees.
The work space is spacious, bright and optimized for collaborative work.
The kitchen is fully stocked (free of charge) with enough to keep everyone's energy at its peak.
We offer a flexible work schedule with the possibility of teleworking.
We ensure the success and achievement of personal and professional objectives for all; we provide the tools, time and training necessary to achieve them. In addition, we rely on peer learning, team building activities, outdoor days, Lunch and Learn to ensure group cohesion and maturity.
What to do as a Senior Project Manager
- Establish an implementation plan and a schedule for each future project and carry out the evaluation of the objectives.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the different activities of an IT project.
- Organize and lead projects of different sizes.
- Coordinate and verify all stages of a project.
- Work closely with management, in terms of orientation, necessary support and provide advice on the best ways to use the resources necessary to meet the objectives of current projects;
- Make cost, risk and impact estimates;
What NIXA is looking for in terms of skills and know-how for a Senior Project Manager
- Bachelor of Information Technology, or related field, Masters, an asset;
- 0 to 15 years of relevant experience in information technology, including 8 to 10 as project manager, especially in large-scale projects and having a significant impact on several business sectors of the company;
- Good team spirit and autonomy
- Strong sense of leadership and focused on customer experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Faculty of adaptation in a constantly evolving sector
- Thoroughness, rigor and good resistance to stress
- Sense of organization and planning
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Be able to lead a team of professionals and coordinate the various activities associated with it.
- Have a good knowledge of computer systems and their environment.
- Determine standards, monitor them and ensure compliance with them.
- Be able to transmit the required information to the work team, customers, companies, etc.
- Excellent understanding of each step of the software development process, from feasibility to deployment.
- Excellent understanding of programming languages and databases.
- Be able to make project presentations with or without visual support.
The advantages of working at NIXA
- Flexible schedule (8am - 10am);
- 30 days of telework (non-consecutive) per year;
- 4 days sick/paying staff;
- Equipment that allows you to work "full remote" (Macbook Pro:);
- Group insurance, including dental insurance;
- Food and drinks, orders every Monday with special requests;
- Incentives for sales contribution;
- Group pension plan;
- Incentive for reference to employment;
- Modular and mobile office configuration;
- AGILE Team.
If your application is successful, you will be asked to take a technical test at NIXA's Montreal office for a period of two hours. Please note that the test cannot be performed remotely.
Type of employment